There are a wealth of benefits that come from this SUPER SEED that most of us only eat when we have our daily pumpkin carving. Now I will tell you why you should add these to your daily life!
- Pumpkin seeds have the following nutrients:
Magnesium- For every 100 mg a day in intake reduces the risk of diabetes ~15%
- Potassium – decreases risk of diabetes and keeps blood pressure at normal levels, supports health & kidney health
- Calcium – builds and maintains strong bones. Heart, muscles and nerves need this for proper function
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty Acids-
*These decrease risk of thrombosis, arrhythmias (both associated with heart attack and stroke)
*Reduce LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels and slightly lowers blood pressure
- Zinc – Every 100g of pumpkin seeds contains 7.99 mg of zinc- increased Zinc during pregnancy is highly recommended for multitude of hormones circulating and thus healthier pregnancies
They are high in polyunsaturated fats which = antioxidant properties
Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) plays an important role in the development of diabetes and antioxidants in Pumpkin sees may help reduce the risk.