Serving size: 2 cups
Calories per serving: 245
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Protein: 13 g
Ingredients for Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Brown Sugar
Ingredients for the Cauliflower Rice Bowl:
- 1 medium head Cauliflower
- 1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Zucchini, diced
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: Chopped Cilantro and sliced Avocado
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl. Toss all the ingredients for the roasted chickpeas together
- Pour Chickpeas onto the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Toss them at the 10 minute mark. Once they are brown and shriveled, they are ready.
- While the chickpeas roast, divide cauliflower into chunks & pulse in a food processor (or grate) until it has the consistency of rice
- Heat Saute pan with remaining olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add minced garlic and stir.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, chili powder, cayenne, ground cumin and salt.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes until tender.
- Transfer veggie mixture to a large bowl
- Gently mix lemon juice chickpeas and chopped tomatoes.
- Top with cilantro or a slice of avocado